Power of Visualization

Writing down your goals is another way that you can improve your life. The process you use when writing down your goals is called visualization. When most people hear visualization they immediately start to laugh and then don’t listen to what you have to say. I know this because I used to do the same thing. Once I got past the name I really saw how this process can really help a person out. Visualization is when someone pictures themself achieving their goals.

I remember sitting through countless speeches from different people claiming the benefits of writing down your goals. I never paid too much attention to these people and immediately tuned out. The summer before I started my first semester at college my dad gave me one of those self-help books. He told he read it and applied the strategies that were listed in the book and he was seeing the benefits from it. I told him okay I’ll give it a try. The title of the book was the Miracle Morning. The book talked about how beneficial and necessary it was to wake up early and focus on what matters to you in life. The book mentioned and and acronym named SAVERS. These SAVERS were there to help you and literally save you when you were started to get lazy and fall of the wagon. The V in SAVERS stands for visualization. After I finished the section for visualization and implemented the strategies I saw the benefits that my dad and the book were referring to. The book talked about how most people replay failures in their head. The book says that you should instead use visualization to vision the future that you want. If you have those negative thoughts it will make it harder for you to focus and might cause you to procrastinate your work. I see this when I get assigned a paper for school. I always see myself struggling and not knowing where to start. Now when I’m assigned a paper I visualize myself breaking down the paper into smaller pieces and then accomplishing each individual piece. I never understood how beneficial a positive mindset was until I started to use visualization.

Notice that when I used visualization for my paper I never visualized the result I instead visualized the results instead. It can be dangerous to visualize the results because if reality doesn’t match up with what you imagined you can immediately become disappointed and never visualize again. Visualization is a very powerful process if used correctly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exercise

Morning Routine

Cutting Out The Distractions