Reading

Reading has so many benefits it can provide a person. The first benefit reading can provide is a good night's rest. It is so easy to watch a video or play a game on your phone before you go to bed; however, the black light on your phone will make it harder to fall asleep. You can read a kindle or a real book before you go to bed. I prefer to read a real book, but there are times where I read a my kindle before I go to sleep. The next benefit reading provides is vocabulary expansion. You can see this benefit as soon as you start to read. When you read a book you are exposed to new words which increases your vocabulary. Another benefit reading can provide is improving concentration. This benefit helped me so much when I started college because studying for high school and studying for college are two completely different things. In high school I could get away with cramming for an exam the night before, but if I tried to do that in college I would fail. In college you have study days and sometime weeks in advance in order to comprehend the material. The concentration skills that I have gained from reading have been invaluable. The last, but probably the most value to any person would be the mental stimulation that reading provides.

It is always difficult to develop a new habit. Starting a reading habit can be a little difficult, but a way to make it not so difficult is to pick a book that you are interested in. The first book that I chose to read was Jurassic Park because ever since I was kid I was always interested in dinosaurs. I also really enjoyed the Jurassic Park movie. After I read the book, I noticed that the book was so much better than the movie was. I have noticed this for every book that I have read that also has a movie alongside it.

I have noticed the benefits of reading when I engage in a conversation with someone. I also notice how my vocabulary has expanded. Find a book that really interests you give it a try. I’m sure you will soon find yourself immersed in the book and the benefits that reading can provide you with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exercise

Morning Routine

Cutting Out The Distractions