Affirmations

I never really knew what an affirmation was until I read the Miracle Morning. An affirmation is something that you say to put in a positive mindset to encourage yourself. Most affirmations are short sentences to provide support to a person. The thought process behind affirmations is not only to say, but the main part if to believe it and internalize it. If you just simply say an affirmation just to say it then it will never work. An affirmation is supposed to change the way your mind thinks and you almost trick yourself into thinking in a more positive way. The second place that I noticed affirmations was with my Panda Planner. A Panda Planner is variation of a planner that helps you break up your big tasks into small manageable pieces to complete. In the daily section their is an affirmation box where you can write your affirmation for the day and keep saying it to keep you going through the day.

There are so many different affirmations that you can have. My affirmations change daily because I have different things that I need to focus on in a day. Once I figure out what I have to do in a day, I write down my affirmation and then I will say my affirmation in the shower and then in the mirror. The “golden rule” for affirmations is to not just say things to say them you have to mean it. Affirmations are used to change your thought process so if you are just saying and affirmation to say it then you are only wasting your own time. It is really easy to tell if you are just saying things because there will be no emotion in your voice.


I also use the affirmation technique when I am setting my alarm at night. Instead of thinking “Oh crap I have to wake up at 7 o'clock tomorrow,” I think instead, “I can’t wait to get an early start to my day tomorrow.” When I was reading the Miracle Morning, there was a quote that went, “Your first thought in the morning is your last thought before you go to bed.” I kinda thought this quote was not true, but one day I decided to give it a try. Before I went to bed Is aid, “I can’t wait to start my day early.” When I woke up in the morning I had a positive outlook from the start instead of my usual negative thoughts. Affirmations can not only change the way you think, but they can also change your life too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exercise

Morning Routine

Cutting Out The Distractions